Saturday, August 7, 2010

Together, we have it all.

Earlier this week I was looking through old boxes of photos and keepsakes I've kept over the years. I found an old Anniversary card that Adam bought me for our 3 year dating anniversary in 2004. "I hope we have many more years together" is something he wrote inside that card. Little did we both know that his hope for many more years would become a reality.

March 2011 will mark 10 years that Adam and I have been together. A whole decade! Wow! Of those 10 years, we've been married for almost 4 of them. I stumbled upon a quote (and you all know how much I love quotes!) yesterday that really sums it all up for me:

We might not have it all together. But together we have it all.

Oh so true! You see, Adam and I live a very ordinary life. We don't go on fancy trips (although we would love to.... so if you have any hook-ups, send them this way!), we don't own fancy things (well, my iPod touch is pretty fancy!), but we are happy in our lives. Our life BC (before children) was the same as it is now, except that now we are rich with children in our home!

A fun day for us includes going to the grocery store together and stopping somewhere for lunch. What may seem like something boring to some is an adventure for us. It's not the easiest task to take a toddler and an infant grocery shopping for a few hours, but yet it's something we look forward to every week. Not only is it necessary (otherwise we wouldn't eat), but it's time that we all spend together. And at the end of the day, that's all I can ask for.

Over the years I've learned that life is not about how much of something you have, but how you spend what you have. What I have is an awesome husband who also doubles as my best friend, a hilarious little 2 1/2 year old boy that truly lights up my life and keeps me laughing, an amazing little 5 month old boy who melts my heart with each smile, coo, and noise he makes, and finally - I have an abundance of love in my heart. I spend this love in my heart by cuddling my babies when they need me, by supporting every decision my husband makes for our family, by remembering to smile each and everyday that I wake up, and by thanking God everyday for this amazing little life I have that makes me rich with love.

By no means do Adam and I have a perfect relationship. Far from it, actually. But it's perfect for us. We are two different people from two different backgrounds that fell in love. We meshed our lives and created new ones. Sure, we argue. Sure, we disagree. Sure, we want to rip our hair out in frustration.... but at the end of the day, we always remember what matters most... and that's the love we have for each other. We're a team in this little journey we call life, and we're in it to win it!

Until Next Time,
Mama Brown(ie)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I am totally tearing up right now. I know the exact feeling...

    ReplyDelete