Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Old Blog Post: November 12, 2008

Another old blog post from November 12, 2008:

I simply love this time of year. I love the colors of the leaves changing. I love taking a walk on a brisk evening and having to throw on a sweater and crunch through leaves on the sidewalk. I love the color and sight of pumpkins in front of homes. I love the smell of pumpkin spice and nutmeg in familiar stores. Fall always signifies the start of the holiday season for me. And nothing could make me happier.

A certain calm takes over my body when that calendar hits October. It's really unexplainable. I'm not nervous about our seasonal huge snowfall, or dreading the summer heat. Fall brings with it the perfect weather. There is just something so calming about this time of year. (Or maybe it's just my excitement for some damn turkey!)

Holidays always bring out the best in people. I'm thankful for my blessings on a daily basis, but right about now is when I feel truly sentimental towards the cards I've been dealt in my life. This has been an amazing year for our family. To say we are "blessed" is an absolute understatement. Our beautiful baby boy will be one whole year old in just about 2 months. How did this happen so quickly? I couldn't even tell you. Honestly, time has never flown so fast for me! I try to keep up as best as I can, and AJ makes that so easy to do with that beautiful, bright, beaming smile he shoots me everytime I catch his eye!

This Thanksgiving I am again thankful for my other half in this world. I'm thankful that I was able to find somebody so perfect for me, and somebody who does such a great job loving me as I am, and as hard as it may sometimes be. I'm thankful for an amazing beyond words family that has never disappointed me, or let me down. I am thankful for a magnificent sister for me, and truly wonderful aunt for my son. I am thankful for the roof over our head, and the meals on our table. I am thankful for the wonderful folks down at Local Union Hall 525 for keeping my husband employed and paying him so well that I can stay home and witness the miracle of raising our son. I am thankful for the education I am able to pursue, and that I have the resources necessary to make my dreams come true. I am thankful for our health, which gives us strength to make each day happen. I am thankful for my fellow mommies who have helped me get through sleepless nights,teething, playtimes,colic, and feeding. Without your help,I would be one frazzled mess! I am also thankful for all my friends who continue to be here for me throughout my triumphs and sadnesses. I'm thankful for the gift of forgiveness because without it, I would be a sad, lonely person. I'm thankful that our country has been able to look past the color of someone's skin and elected the very first African American president. And mostly, I am thankful for the faith I have in an incredible God. He blessed me with a tiny little boy with a strong heart, and straight bones. He gave me a title that I proudly wear on my sleeve. (Literally, there is probably drool, milk, or spit on my clothes, somewhere!) I'm not much of a preacher, and I don't go to church nearly as much as I should (although I'm getting better!), but I truly do believe that my faith in him has led my life where it is. I'm also thankful for any of you people who are still reading this to the very last word :-)

With that said... make sure you take a minute to acknowledge all the things in your life you're thankful for. It will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy inside. And enjoy some turkey! I know I sure will!

Gobble Till You Wobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment