Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Follow up to "Loving Two"

** Copied and pasted from my Facebook so that I can look back on it in years to come!**

I felt it was only right to follow up to my last note I wrote about my emotional struggles with having two kids. Just like everybody said, Aiden is so naturally a part of our family that I am beginning to forget what life was like without him. I feel as though we have always been a family of four.

And AJ? He is absolutely over the moon in love with his baby brother. Everything he does revolves around him. His eyes sparkle when he spots his brother first thing in the morning and is very careful to be "gentle" with him. He holds his bottle for him when he's eating. He runs upstairs and brings down his blankets to share with his baby brother. He sits on the couch and asks to hold him while extending his arms. There are no words that can explain the happiness I feel inside when I see the two of them together.

Aiden has become more alert and aware of his surroundings and when AJ is nearby, Aiden is on high alert and studies his brother's face very closely. There is so much love that just radiates between them and I know that they will be the best of friends as they grow up.

Although life with a toddler and a newborn has its fair share of challenges (and sleepless nights for this mama!), I wouldn't trade it for the world. Every second of the day I spend with my little boys reminds me of how blessed Adam and I are to be parents to these little guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment