Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Old Blog Post: January 2, 2008

Almost 3 days into 2008, I'm taking a look back at 2007 and counting all my blessings for the most life changing year of my life.

2007 was nothing but wonderful for Adam and I, and I don't even know where to start. The first 3 months went by in the biggest blur with last minute wedding detail appointments, an amazing Bridal Shower for me with nothing but close family, friends, and more laughter than you can imagine, a memorable Bachelorette Party, our first dance lessons for Adam and I, and preparation for the biggest, most important day of our lives. April was also a month of personal victory for me. The day before our wedding, I reached my weight loss goal of losing 70 pounds before our wedding day. I always struggled with diets, but I was determined to do this, and I did. I'm not trying to boast, but I honestly am still to this day so proud of myself for being as strong as I was, and making it happen. Go Angie!

April 14th came faster than I expected it to. We went from months, to weeks, to days, to hours, to minutes… and to seconds. I will never in my life forget the emotion I felt while standing at the end of the church aisle, holding onto my daddy's arm, and seeing the man I am going to spend the rest of my life with, waiting for me. (That, and seeing the other 50+ people that were there to witness this!) Our wedding day was more magical than I could have ever dreamed it would be. Every dream I had as a little girl came true before my very eyes. Becoming Mrs. Angelica Brown wouldn't have been half the day it was without the support of all of our family and friends. It's one of those things you truly appreciate more once you get older. Just seeing all the people you know and love come together to celebrate our love was absolutely incredible. I would re-live it all in a heartbeat. I thank god everyday to be so blessed with such wonderful friends and family.

In May, Adam and I found out we were expecting our first baby. (It was Lacy's birthday! I'll never forget the date!) Although the reality was initially a little frightening for both of us, the thought of bringing a tiny little person into this world was enough to make our hearts melt. It was a step in our lives that we were both ready for.

The next few months were spent battling the grueling Las Vegas heat, and preparing for our little miracle. It was at this point that I realized how important my friendships and relationships were. I couldn't get through this pregnancy without the knowledge and advice from Jewell, the ear to listen from Brittney (a fellow preggers friend at the time), the excitement from Vicky, the weekly newsletter sharings with Jackie, and the love and support from my family. I watched my dad go from emotionless when he found out he was becoming a grandpa, to happy, to excited, to now the proudest grandpa to be out there. I know women go through this on a daily basis, but I truly believe that out of everything amazing in this pregnancy, the most incredible internal emotion has stemmed from the closeness I share with my family now. Nothing can compare to the feeling of little feet kicking into your ribs, or little flutters to let you know he's awake and moving around, or the little baby hiccups you feel that you can't even describe.

Our little miracle is estimated to arrive sometime within the next 3 weeks. It's all in his hands, and as much as I can't wait to meet my son, look into his eyes, hold his little hand, and kiss his little feet… I'm going to miss him living inside my body. I'm going to miss Adam's sparkle in his eye every single time he feels AJ move… it's so cute to see him talk to our baby through my belly and see him light up when the little man responds! Being pregnant is truly a blessing in every sense of the word. I have learned to appreciate my own mom so much more than I ever did, because we now have this bond, this experience that wasn't there before. For those of you who plan on having kids eventually in the future – you'll see what I mean! And when that time comes, you'll realize just how precious life is!

Anyways... 2007 wouldn't have been as awesome as it was without the love and support of the special people in our lives. It would take me all night to list names, so I won't get into that, but you all know who you are. We love you!!!

Now come on out Little AJ! We're all waiting to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment