Friday, July 23, 2010

Sweet Little Brown(ies)

I don't feel like I devote enough of my blog to my sweet little Brown(ie) boys. So this blog posting is devoted entirely to them! :-)

I'll give you a brief rundown of the daily happenings of AJ (AB3). AJ has a variety of silly little nicknames given to him by Adam and I. They include: Joolka, Joolgee, Burahgee, Burahgamous J, Little Poo Poo. Please do not even take the time to ask where they came from. I will tell you right now that I have NO idea how we came up with these. They stem from a normal-ish nickname and somehow have gotten twisted into this randomness. AJ's favorite things right now are CARS! He has an obsession with model cars, but especially ones he can identify. He loves his "Camaro car, Meeshubeeshi car, Dodge car, Camper car, Lexus car, and Porsche car!" He has millions of others, but these are his favorite. And don't forget the Volwagons! AJ has been talking so much more lately and is putting words together to make sentences. Lately when he doesn't want something or is upset, this is how our conversations go:

Me: AJ, do you want some orange juice?
AJ: No mommy! No some orange juice, no want!
Me: Umm... AJ, would you like some orange juice?
AJ: No mommy! No like orange juice, no want!

Repeat this for anything you offer him within 2 minutes of this mini tantrum. It's frustrating most times because he screams this, but I can't help but crack up laughing because he sounds so cute when he says it! AJ's other obsession is his little brother, Aiden. Goodness gracious, the child is obsessed. The first thing he asks for when he wakes up is "baby brudder!" And then he proceeds to run through the entire house searching for his little brother. It's the cutest thing ever and Aiden absolutely loves the attention from AJ. Aiden sits there and watches everything AJ does and laughs when his brother comes near. It's the cutest thing ever to watch and I just know they will be best friends. My student teaching and being away from AJ have been hard on him. He is going through separation anxiety and cries for mommy when I leave. It's seriously so heartbreaking... but there is a light at the end of the tunnel! :-)

Aiden is nearly five months old and I am in shock at how much faster the second baby grows than the first baby! And the first baby grows pretty darn fast! Aiden's nicknames are also just as silly (if not worse!) than AJ's. They are: PooPoo Kloon, Denka, PooPooDenki, ChumPoopee and Buhragadenki. Again, don't ask. TYVM. lol

As I mentioned above, Aiden is fascinated with his older brother. He spots AJ when he's walking toward him and erupts into huge smiles and kicks those little legs faster than he even realizes he can! Recently, Aiden has been trying rice cereal and loves gulping it down. Aiden is literally the sweetest, most mellow little baby I have ever seen! He just sits back and watches everything happen and barely ever makes a sound. He will let you know when he's hungry with his loud shrilling cry! Aiden is also teething lately so he is drooling all over the place and in a lot of pain. Mommy and daddy try their best to make him feel all better with constant love and attention. Spending time sitting with daddy is one of his favorite things to do! Something funny Aiden does is that he scoots himself around already. If you lay him down vertically for a nap, you will come back to check on him in 5 minutes and he is horizonntally laying, and upside down from the way you laid him down. It's so funny to watch!

These little boys make my life worth living. I didn't know what it would be like to love two babies, but my heart naturally knew what to do and how to make that happen. They are two different little boys, but they are both mine and steal my heart on a daily basis. As much as I don't want time to move any faster, I just can't wait to watch them interact and play together and become the best friends that I know they will be in years to come. Let's just hope they still love their mama then as much as they do now! :-)

Until next time,
Mama Brown(ie)

No comments:

Post a Comment