Monday, October 18, 2010

Day Three - First True Love

Day 3-Your first love

This is a picture that was taken on one of the happiest days of my entire life. The day I became Mrs. Brown. My husband, Adam, is my very first true love. We met when we were both 15 years old and his family used to live in the house right behind my mom's house. I used to jump on an old milk crate and jump over the wall to see him. (That's love!) We dated for about 2 years and then Adam went to college, so we took a break. When he came back, we both realized how in love we were with each other, and we've been inseparable ever since.

Adam proposed to me atop the ferris wheel in Santa Monica, California on March 12, 2006. We got married a little over a year later on April 14, 2007. He is my true love because he has seen me through both good times and bad, and is still right by my side. At some points in our relationship, we might not have it all together. But together, we have it all. He is my rock, my best friend, my partner, and my soulmate.

The second love of my life is my son, AJ (AB3). Although it's a little bit gory, I posted the top photo because that was truly a moment of "love at first sight" for me. I spent 38 weeks growing that little boy and awaiting his arrival and he was (and still is) everything I hoped he would be.


The third love of my life is my son, Aiden (AB4). If you look at some of my old posts from when I was pregnant with Aiden, you'll see that towards the end of my pregnancy, I was worried about whether or not my heart would be able to love another little baby as much as I loved AJ. And I sit here before you, blog readers, with a love so deep for my two little boys. I can't put into words how it happened... but it did. Both of my boys are so different, but yet so alike and I love them equally with all my heart and soul.

My love for all of my boys is endless. Adam is my first "true love" as far as romance goes. But a mother's love for her children is so different because it is so undescribable and personal. I might not be wealthy with monetary possessions, but my heart is rich with true love. And that's just fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment