Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day Four - Your Parents

Day Four - Your Parents

I sit down to write this post after working a very long 12 hour first day at school. Because of my low energy, this post won't be as long as I am intending in my heart for it to be.

I don't even know where to begin describing my parents. They mean the entire world to me. As a child growing up, I wasn't always the easiest to deal with. As a parent myself now, I am able to appreciate the discipline my parents used when raising us. Now that they're grandparents, I see joy in their eyes that I've never seen before and I appreciate them so much more than I ever have.

They're the first to offer any kind of help whenever we need it. Adam's car breaks down? My dad's there within minutes. I need to run to the school district to fingerprint? My mom is over in a flash to stay with the boys. What do we find when we go out of town to Adam's family reunion? An entirely cleaned house, courtesy of my mama. We are so beyond blessed for the love and generosity displayed by my parents. They are my rock, my support system, and truly my heroes. No task is ever too big or small for them.... and this is why I admire them so much.

Although they've had their bumps and bruises, they have stuck together and raised three wonderful children to be the adults they always hoped we would be. They might not have always been happy with some of the choices we've made, but they've never left our side. And I know that won't change anytime soon.

Mama and Tata.... I love you so much and thank you. Thank you for showing me the gift of unconditional love. Not everybody is as lucky as I am to have such wonderful and awesome parents. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment