Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day Five - Your Siblings

Day Five - Your Siblings
Like my previous post, this post can't come close to expressing how thankful I am for my siblings. God has blessed my life with a wonderful older brother, Paul, and a younger sister, Vicky.
As I've mentioned before, I wasn't always the easiest child growing up. I beat up my brother and my sister (haha), and they never fail to remind me of this. The way I look at it, someone had to give them tough discipline and tough love. I was apparently the only one for the job. (at least this is what I keep telling myself.)
Paul lives in Colorado, so we only see him a couple of times (if we're lucky) throughout the year. As I grow older, this really bothers me because I want my boys to grow up knowing their uncle and aunt and having a close relationship with him. I make sure to explain and mention Uncle Paul and Ciocia Megan to AJ and Aiden at least once a day to keep them fresh in their minds.
Vicky is not only my sister, she is my best friend. It hasn't always been this way, and occasionally we get into arguments, but at the end of the day, she knows me best and is always there to help, listen, vent, cry to, or beat up. (haha). I'm lucky to have a sister who is so involved in my life. I don't know where I would be without her and I don't think I tell her enough how much I appreciate her and value our friendship. The boys absolutely adore their "Kiki" too!
By marriage, I also have an awesome sister in law, Megan. I wish she was closer so we could really develop a strong friendship, but I'm confident that one day it will happen and we will share many more memories to come.
I love you Paul and Vicky!

No comments:

Post a Comment