Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Isn't it Funny?

There must be an official "Book of Life" out there somewhere that everybody BUT me has read. The reason I assume this is because I always get the exact same responses from people during random conversations. It goes a little something like this:

Person: Do you have any kids?
Me: Yes, I have an almost 3 year old boy and a 6 month old boy.
Person: Oh! So when are you going to have another?
Me: Umm... didn't you hear me? I have a SIX MONTH OLD! (Okay, so I never really actually say this, but sometimes I want to!)

Some people can handle having all these babies close in age on a daily basis, but I think I would go nuts! My body doesn't produce babies like an assembly line. I need to re-coup and watch AB4 grow a little longer before I even step foot into the baby factory again!

I could be talking to somebody I've never met or somebody I've known for years and yet everybody always asks the same question! Or there is also the infamous "Congratulations on your marriage!..... so when are you going to have babies?"

ONE THING AT A TIME PEOPLE!

I know that these things are easy conversation pieces and all, but sometimes they just make me laugh at how common they are. We're all different people, from different backgrounds, with different life experiences, but yet our thoughts always seem to align in funny ways.

With that said, since I know you're all itching to ask now but probably won't because of this blog post, we go back and forth on having another child. Part of me wants to establish my career before we have another child, but I also don't want huge gaps in age between my kids. I want to wait, but I don't want to wait too long. Does that even make sense? We don't have a "gameplan" for a new Brown(ie), but I think that eventually there will be another.

For now, I'm going to enjoy my school-free days, and focus on my two little boys.

Until Next Time,
Mama Brown(ie)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for answering my question! :P And you already know my answer to the same question ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always laugh when people ask me.... I seriously just look them in the eyes and say "are you kidding me?" and than proudly exclaim the factory is closed and production is done!

    ReplyDelete