Saturday, June 12, 2010

Where to Vacation? That is the Question!

When Adam and I got married over 3 years ago ( and I still remember that day like it was yesterday.... sigh....), we were both in school and working full time. Adam's union apprenticeship wasn't very flexible with him missing school days, so we couldn't really take the honeymoon we both dreamed of. And then I got pregnant with AB3, and well.... you can't travel very far once you have little ones. And then I got pregnant with AB4, and well.... it's even HARDER to travel with TWO little ones!

So the other night, my amazing husband suggested that we open a new bank account. "For what?", I asked him. "Because for our five year wedding anniversay (which will be in 2 years), I would like us to take the honeymoon we have always dreamed about. But to do that, we need to start saving now." Imagine the excitement that I felt when he mentioned this. Hearing him suggest this gave me butterflies!

A vacation? Alone? Just us? No diaper bags? SIGN ME UP!

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love and adore my children. They are the greatest product of the love Adam and I share. But don't ever underestimate the advice people give you before you have children: Children are extremely hard work. Amen. Hard work is an understatement! I love every second of being someone's mommy, but even mommy needs a nice vacation somewhere!

So now the planning begins. I'm already making lists of places we could go and I even have a spreadsheet made for our projected budget and how much we need to save.

Give me some suggestions people!

Till Next Time,
Mama Brown(ie)

2 comments:

  1. girl! How exciting! Honeslty go to a sandals resort! Its all inclusive! Honestly we paid 2,300 for our flight ( just a flight alone somewhere tropical is about 900), room ( we had am amazing room with a balcony) food, drinks! The only extras is if you want to go on a exsurion off the resort! It was amazing! We paid for nothing when we were there ( again, jsut our exursions) all you can eat and drink ! lol Our friends went to hawaii, and spent triple what we spent! you dont have to rent a car, they bus you off the resort ( you dont want to leave the resorts without a guide anyways) it was serioulsy amazing, and SO affordable! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh how exciting! And you shouldn't feel bad for saying that you need a vacation alone. You both DESERVE it! I think it should be required for parents to take time away from their kids....just for a little break ;)

    If you are looking for something beach-y definitely look into all-inclusive resorts during off-seasons to get cheaper rates. And if you are looking to go that route, my boss's mom is an expert in all-inclusives and is a travel agent so I can give you her contact information when the time comes and she'll find something in your budget. That's how we booked our amazing honeymoon :)

    ReplyDelete