Sunday, June 27, 2010

Camping.

Let me preface this by saying I am not a camper. Every year in June, the Brown's have their annual reunion in Duck Creek, Utah. Duck Creek, Utah = Campground. Did I mention I'm not a camper?

Okay, so camping isn't all that bad. Actually, it is. Luckily I'm surrounded by Adam's funny, amazing and super sweet cousins, aunts and uncles. Getting together and seeing them makes "roughing it" worthwhile.

Friday nights officially start off the reunion with a Watermelon Bust. Everyone gets together and...well... eats watermelon. Saturday mornings kick off with races. AJ ran in the 2 year old race this year. He had a short distance to run and I was at the finish line with open arms waiting for him. He took off and had a great start.... until he stopped. And turned around. And ran back to Adam. Lovely. We didn't win 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd place. But he's still a winner in my book! After the races, there are mens/women's softball games, a potluck lunch, an auction, and a talent show to end the night. It's always a lot of fun and I love seeing everyone!

Now to the camping part. The woods, LOTS of dirt, bugs galore, chipmunks, and a tent. I was thankful for the actual bathrooms they had (although none of the boys actually used them unless they had to do "other" business... lol) I don't do well with dirt and bugs. Now imagine taking a very active and energetic 2 and a half year old boy and placing him in this environment. No gates, no fences, no bathtubs, no restrictions. And lots of dirt. And lots of changes of clothing. And a dirty, tired (and sick) mommy. This year we were able to stay in a cabin with Adam's parents, which really helped with sleeping at night for the boys. But the daytime was still rough. No matter how much you shower and scrub, you still feel dirt-y. And don't even get me started on cleaning up and unpacking at home! Everything is saturated in dust and dirt and I spend the next 5 days doing laundry over and over again. Every year I swear I won't go back, but I quickly get amnesia because I always end up driving down that same road, the same weekend every June.

Did I mention I'm not much of a camper?

Till Next Time,
Mama Brown(ie)

PS.... I'll have pictures to post of our trip next time! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment