Saturday, June 12, 2010

Update! Update! Read All About It!

I'm so sorry that I've been neglecting my blog again. I know I vowed not to do it again, but sometimes life just gets in the way of these things!

I'm entering Week FIVE of student teaching. The first two weeks were tough. Being away from the boys was (and still is) very hard. Getting used to wearing business clothes and makeup daily was (and still is) a new adjustment and something to get used to. But the kids I'm teaching make up for it all. I'm finally at a comfortable point with my student teaching and am truly enjoying it. These past 2 weeks (not counting the first two) have shown me that I really do love being in a classroom and it's a very comfortable element for me to be in.

Where else can I bust out and sing "Head, Thorax, Abdomen, Abdomen! (to the tune of Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes) to teach about the body parts of an insect? Where else can I use my creativity to design posters and fun learning activities for little 7 and 8 year olds and watch their faces light up when they find out something cool about their teacher? I love it all.... even the bad days.

Like every profession, teaching also has a downside. The word "planning" has never meant so much in my entire life! I plan for the following week, I plan for the following month, I plan for the following day, heck, I even plan for the current hour! And of course - things never go as planned. There's an unexpected fire drill that takes away 20 minutes. Then there are class pictures in the middle of a very intense math lesson on measurement. Then there are the butterflies breaking out of their chrysalis right before our very own eyes (and not during Science time... come on butterflies. Our schedule is posted on the board! Couldn't you have waited another hour?!) The point of this is that planning has taken over my life. I'm already very OCD-like with things, but this takes me to an extreme. Every single second of my day is accounted for by things that need to get done by certain times. But it keeps me busy,and it won't be forever, so I can't complain.

Umm... what else? Oh ya. I FINALLY got around to scheduling Aiden's baptism. Which adds ANOTHER thing to PLAN! It's at the end of July and I need to sit down and really start trying to figure all of that out. But at least I got a date, and for me - that's an accomplishment in itself.

Weight Watchers is going well finally also! These past 4 weeks on the program have been going so slow compared to my first time around. My first week I lost 8 pounds and it's only been less than a pound lost every week since then. Adam has to keep reminding me that my body has gone through new life two times since I was last a WW member. I added some exercise to my routine this past week and stepped on the scale for my weigh in this morning... and I was down 1.6 pounds! Voila! I am woman, hear me roar! So now my total lost is 11.4 pounds. :-) It might be coming off slowly, but it's coming off. See ya later pounds!

AB4 is now officially 1/4 of the way to being one year old. Umm.... how did that happen? How did he get so big so fast? He needs to slow it down! And AJ is funnier than ever. He surprises me with new sentences and phrases every single day. And it never fails to make me laugh. I am so blessed and rich with love from my amazing little family.

I promise I'll update more frequently, but this is it for now! :-)

Until Next Time,
Mama Brown(ie)

1 comment:

  1. OMG...you are one busy woman lately, but I am happy to say that I am a very proud friend...sounds like things are going very well. I cannot believe that Aiden is already 3 months and that is great that you have lost over 11 pounds (go Angie!!)! Oh and if you have time can you schedule us in for a playdate you know something else to add to your plan...lol j/k! I know you are busy and completely understand, but I am so happy for you and are glad that you are enjoying doing what you love!

    ReplyDelete