Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chicago, Chicago, That Toddlin' Town....

I am asking for your prayers and good thoughts for me this Friday, June 12th at 10:00am. This is when my mom, Vicky, AJ and I will be boarding the plane for Chicago! Yahooo!

I am asking for prayers because I HATE flying. It terrifies me, and especially now that I'm a mom. But there is no way I would survive a 20+ hour car ride, so airplane it is! It is also AJ's first time flying, and we didn't buy him a seat - so we are going to attempt to hold him in our laps and keep him occupied the entire flight. (Ya right!) Luckily I got some good advice and here is what I bought to keep him occupied:

* new coloring book with stickers
* cool new crayons
* play-doh
* little cars
* a bunch of new snacks
* a cool new sippy cup
* Ring Pops (to suck on during take off)
* books

And yes, I do realize that he will only give about 20 seconds of attention to each of those things, but whatever! We will do the best we can with him! Someone even suggested I bring a batch of cookies on board to the passengers sitting around us as a way of apologizing in advance!

Luckily we take off during his nap time so HOPEFULLY (fingers crossed puhlease!) he will conk out and just sleep the entire 3 hour, 43 minute flight!

Oh ya! And some people might wanna know why we are going there!

My lovely, beautiful and talented cousin Diana is marrying the love of her life, Seneca, and asked AJ and I to be in her wedding! I will be a bridesmaid and AJ will be the little ring bearer! His little suit is absolutely adorable and I'll be sure to update with pictures as soon as we're home.

Adam won't be making the trip with us because of extremely crappy timing. His union graduation is the exact same night as Diana's wedding (and we didn't find that out until it was too late), so he will be staying here for that while we go to Chicago. Booo! I am still so upset I am going to be missing something so important to my husband, and so important to me. We will be there with him in thought though.

I love you Adam and am so proud of all of your accomplishments and who you have become. You are truly the best male role model for our son and I am so grateful to you for all that we are, and all that we have. I love you. xoxo

I'll update when we're home. Keep us in your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment