Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Books, Books, Books!

Books are all the craze in our house right now!

We have to make sure we have books in the living room, in the dining room, in the bedroom, in the car, and at all times in the diaper bag!

Why do I have to have books everywhere I go right now?

Because AJ has an obsession with reading! If I ask him to go pick out a book, he will drop what he's doing, find the nearest book (if we're away from his bookshelf), walk it over, hand it to me, sit down and open the book while it's still in my hands. He has his usual favorites he brings over, but this is the routine AT LEAST 10times a day. It is the cutest thing ever.

He loves to point out familiar objects he recognizes in pictures such as dogs, balloons, a quiet old lady whispering "Hush" (and he even puts his finger to his mouth and says "Shhh" at the right part!), cats, cars, and balls. His knowledge, and inquiry to learn just absolutely amazes me.

Seeing his face light up with a smile when I ask him to find a book and watching him rush to find the right one, put the smile on my face all day every day. I absolutely love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment